A common architecture for all Sentinel processing needs!
The SNAP architecture is ideal for Earth Observation processing and analysis due to the following technological innovations: Extensibility, Portability, Modular Rich Client Platform, Generic EO Data Abstraction, Tiled Memory Management, and a Graph Processing Framework.
- Common architecture for all Toolboxes
- Very fast image display and navigation even of giga-pixel images
- Graph Processing Framework (GPF): for creating user-defined processing chains
- Advanced layer management allows adding and manipulation of new overlays such as images of other bands, images from WMS servers or ESRI shapefiles
- Rich region-of-interest definitions for statistics and various plots
- Easy bitmask definition and overlay
- Flexible band arithmetic using arbitrary mathematical expressions
- Accurate reprojection and ortho-rectification to common map projections,
- Geo-coding and rectification using ground control points
- Automatic SRTM DEM download and tile selection
- Product library for scanning and cataloguing large archives efficiently
- Multithreading and Multi-core processor support
- Integrated WorldWind visualisation
Use it in your own processing chain!
SNAP is already available out-of-the-box in the sobloo desktop but can also be downloaded here http://step.esa.int/main/download/
One can also find in sobloo public source code repository examples of processors using SNAP. Have a look to: https://gitlab.com/pub-sobloo/support