All in one image processing tool!
Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) is an open-source project for state-of-the-art remote sensing. Built on the shoulders of the open-source geospatial community, it can process high resolution optical, multispectral and radar images at the terabyte scale. A wide variety of applications are available: from ortho-rectification or pansharpening, all the way to classification, SAR processing, and much more!
- Orfeo ToolBox is built on top of ITK, a popular C++ library for the processing of medical images, and relies on many open source software to implement its functions : GDAL for reading/writing raster/vector data, OSSIM for sensor modeling, OpenCV for machine learning…
- Orfeo ToolBox source code is written in a portable way so that OTB supports all major operating systems. Binary packages are provided for many of them.
- Orfeo ToolBox has been originally developed for Very High Resolution imagery (VHR), and as such is able to scale up to the size of those images. Most of the algorithms implemented in OTB supports piece-wise processing, allowing to process very large image under memory constraints. Most of them are also seamlessly multi-threaded.
- Orfeo ToolBox C++ API is a collection of algorithmic components that spawn almost unlimited combination for processing chains. Even when using the applications which are tools providing processing chains for standard remote sensing tasks without writing one line of code, flexibility is not far. Found that the application is not exactly what you need ? Fork it and write your own application!
- OTB can perform in many domain: geometric and radiometric preprocessing, image classification, fusion, change detection, object based image analysis, feature extraction…
Use it in your own processing chain!
OTB is already available out-of-the-box in the sobloo desktop but can also be downloaded here https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/download/