Very-High Resolution Imagery
Pléiades 1A and Pléiades 1B are very-high resolution twin satellites delivering 50 cm Ortho products as standard. Pléiades data are easily and quickly accessible through the sobloo living library web interface and via APIs with multiple formats options.
With sobloo, you can access Pléaiades data through various free features:
- Catalogue search, quick-look & metadata display
- Image visualisation on the map through WMTS protocol (in limited resolution)
To go further, you can subscribe to the premium access service based on a pay-per-use model offering:
- Image visualization on the map through WMTS Protocol (full resolution)
- Processing and download of Pléiades products
Offering an ideal combination of coverage, resolution and speed, Pléiades satellites have been designed to meet the most demanding requirements. Pléiades products are especially useful for applications in defence, civil protection, hazard management, urban mapping, precision agriculture, maritime, and network and infrastructure management.
With sobloo, you can access easily to more than 3 years of Pléiades data archives and up to 5 years of archives over the main 3000 cities in the World.
Pléiades constellation comprises two twin satellites on the same orbit and phased 180° from each other. Added to their oblique incidence capability (up to 45° angle) and exceptional agility, this orbit phasing allows the satellites to revisit any point on the globe daily – ideal for anticipating risks, effectively managing crises or for large areas coverage. Each of the Pléiades satellites provides the same coherent and high quality output. The maximum theoretical acquisition capacity is 700,000 square kilometres per day, with an average of 500,000 square kilometres per day. Pléiades coverage capacity is also due, in part, to its swath (20 km), the largest in this class of resolution – providing a larger native image footprint.
Pléiades products can be easily integrated in the GIS environment or used to derive thematic geo-information when combined with other satellite, such as Copernicus Sentinel missions.
Combining the Panchromatic and Multispectral bands, images can be visualised as either black and white (50 cm product resolution), natural colour, false colour (2 m product resolution) or as a merged product (Pan- sharpened colour image) with the resolution of a Panchromatic image.
Pléiades satellites always acquire images simultaneously in both modes:
- Panchromatic: one band (black and white).
- Multispectral: four bands (colour).
Panchromatic and Multispectral image products are co-registered (completely superimposable).
Pléiades core imagery products are available in three different geometric processing levels: Primary, Projected and Ortho. All Pléiades products are corrected for non-uniformity sensor radiometric and distortions, using internal calibration parameters, ephemeris and attitude measurements.
- Access data easily and quickly through the sobloo web interface & via APIs
- Pay only for what you need to better manage your costs and useage
- Benefit from fresh data within our living library, updated daily
- Access 3 years of global Pléiades archive and 5 years of archive over the top 3000 cities
- Use our OGC® compliant APIs which secure interoperability - search, view & download.
- Guaranteed accuracy with ortho-rectified imagery as a standard, high imager quality
- Huge coverage capacity
- Defence: situational awareness, border monitoring, early detection of conflicts & crisis
- Civil Protection: mapping, operation, mission planning, post crisis damage evaluation, terrorist attack prevention
- Hazard Management: emergency response, damage assessment, reconstruction planning
- Land Administration: national mapping, cadastral, map
- Urban Mapping: assessment of urban spawl, infrastructure monitoring
- Precision Agriculture: estimation of crop yields, treatment optimisation, inventory, cadaster
- Maritime: patterns of illegal behavior detection, activity awareness, defence missions
- Infrastructure Management: land use mapping, infrastructure planning, construction monitoring
- Oil, Gas, Mining: exploration site selection, operation monitoring, remote site surveillance
- Living library with fresh data: Updated daily and quickly accessible after acquisition
- Premium products: 15% maximum cloud cover, 30° maximum incidence angle
- Extensive archive collection: More than 3 Years of archive available within the library
- Pay-per-use model: The GB pricing is based on data consumption
- High-quality imagery: Pléiades 1A and 1B imagery offers the same high-quality standard
- Delivery & Formats: Multiple streaming & download format options.
Archive available starting from 2016
Spectral Bands Specification
Pan: 0.47–0.83 μm
20Km at Nadir
GeoTIFF / JPEG2000 & DIMAP format
Spectral Band Combinations
|Panchromatic, multispectral, bundle, pan-sharpened|
Paving the way to a new paradigm in data fusion, sobloo signed a very strategic partnership with Airbus to provide its users with a privileged access to Airbus optical satellite constellation imagery by making SPOT 6, SPOT 7 and Pléiades catalogue fully integrated within sobloo data library.
The Pléaides image library is provided by Airbus, a recognised World leader in the geospatial industry and a trustworthy provider of high-quality data.
The Pléiades1A and Pléiades 1B were launched on a Soyuz ST from Europe’s space port in Kourou, French Guiana, on December 17, 2011 and on December 2, 2012, respectively. More than 3 years of Pléiades data archive are available on sobloo.
Therefore, Sobloo becomes the one-stop-shop solution offering a living library of imagery with the largest combination of resolution and coverage. Beyond the comprehensive collection of Copernicus data, very-high resolution (VHR) brings Sobloo to a new strategic step: every day, every point on the globe can be viewed both in high-resolution by a SPOT satellite and in very high-resolution by a Pléiades satellite. While SPOT 6 and SPOT 7 cover wide areas with a resolution of 1.5m, Pléiades 1A and 1B focus on more targeted zones with a greater level of detail by providing 50cm products.
Observations derived by different acquisition sources can be coupled and jointly analyzed by data fusion practices to achieve a richer description of any scene. This becomes a key asset to improve insights in a wide range of application areas, among which characterization of land use, damage detection (e.g. disasters, oil-spills), monitoring of natural resources, or climate change.
While removing the need to download bulky files from several access points and process them locally, sobloo lowers the complexity of data integration from heterogeneous sources, which was one of the main barriers for value-added service providers. You can build your applications faster, in a secured and universal ecosystem.