Level 2A: Surface reflectance and cloud mask
Level 2A products provide corrected surface reflectance from atmospheric effects and slope effects. They are different to level 2A products generated by Sen2cor ESA and come with a cloud mask and shadows.
Image of level 2A product
Cloud Mask of level 2A product
@@The ZIP file distributed by sobloo contains several files:
- The surface reflectance provided as a GeoTiff per spectral band, for the 10m bands (B2, B3, B4, B8) and the 20m bands (B5, B6, B7, B8A, B11 and B12) of Sentinel-2.
There are two types of surface reflectance files:
- Atmospheric variables are provided in ATB files with a 10m resolution and 20m resolution
- Atmospheric water vapor content in g/cm²
- Aerosol optical thickness
- A no data mask, at 10m resolution and 20m
- A saturated pixel mask that comes from Level 1 with 10m resolution and 20m
- A cloud and cloud’s shadow mask for each resolution
- A geophysical mask that contains water mask, snow mask, shadow mask, cloud mask, topographic shadows mask.
LEVEL 2B: Snow masks
The snow product indicates the snow presence or absence on the land surface every five day if there is no cloud. The product is distributed as a raster file (8 bits GeoTIFF) of 20 m resolution and a vector file (Shapefile polygons).
Image of level 2B product
Level 3A: Syntheses of cloud free surface reflectance
Level 3A products are syntheses of several consecutive products of surface reflectance generated by MUSCATE. The surface reflectance has been corrected from illumination variation due to topography. The synthesis is based on a weighted average of cloud free observations.
The ZIP file distributed by sobloo contains several files:
- The surface reflectance provided as a GeoTiff per spectral band, for the 10m bands (B2, B3, B4, B8) and the 20m bands (B5, B6, B7, B8A, B11 and B12) of Sentinel-2
- A classification mask, at 10m resolution and 20m, with 5 useful values: No Data, Cloud, Snow, Water, Land
- An image that provided the sum of the weights for each pixel at 10m resolution and 20m resolution.
This information is very useful for processing purposes as the weighted average is constructed iteratively, updating the L3A product each time a new L2A is available. The higher the weight, the more confidence we have in the surface reflectance.
- An image of the weighted average of the dates used for the weighted average, at 10m resolution and 20m resolution.
27/11/2018 - Product level 2A
17/11/2018 - Product level 2A
Product level 3A result of synthesis of November product
Access the webservices to discover level 2A and 3A products for users.
Here you can:
- Easily visualise the 20 last products generated
- Explore and research products with several criteria or/and in a region of interest
- Download the zip of products you have selected.